Thursday

Between the 2-carat

Few days ago, I just bumped into a friend at the hotel lobby. Hadn’t met her for over a year. Because of her job, she’s now based in Singapore, just like me. She shared to me that she was very lonely staying in Singapore before this. She missed her family tremendously when she started working in Singapore. The life in Singapore was not easy at all. She faced many stumbling blocks, which caused her intense unhappiness. Sometimes, when depressions sank in, she cried alone. She even attempted suicide. She was thinking for her family at that period as what would happen if she left the world.


This attitude seemed to me unduly fussy. There’s really so much stress in real life. Same to me. Thinking back, it was actually a worthwhile decision to go to Singapore as I did it initially to “escape” for more opportunities outside. The absence certainly made my heart grow fonder towards my family, even though as in now, I still won’t express my love to them so openly. For the past three months, I made my trips returning home more often despite any other reasons. I just need somewhere I can call it a HOME. In her case, I could understand the feeling deep enough.


I was glad that sweet smile remains etched on her face. She told me when the things went downhill, a man who’s full of optimism came to her life. She now, no longer alone, she said. She learns. She divides her life into work and love. They practice to take a holiday together when their schedule permits for both. Her boyfriend is a Caucasian and they are maintaining a long distance relationship. According to her, it’s tough but still both of them will make the effort to meet each other up. She then smiled to me broadly, said that, by the way, she’s going to quit after receiving the 2-carat diamond ring, soon!


Wow! I’m just too happy for her!!! Congratulations! I realize when ones have found the purpose in life, have been in love and have had a positive thinking towards the notion of love, he/she will just stop suffering himself/herself from the feelings of insecurity and concentrate to be the best to someone whom he/she cares! And, I’m learning to accept the reality of where my heart is. In short, let’s go with the flow!

No comments:

Post a Comment